Purple Rose of Cairo

This is a space for free expression and to speak out against hypocrisy; It’s a space where we can speak of daily problems no matter how trivial; It’s a space for confronting our issues and discussing them honestly.

Monday, March 05, 2007

Old Scars & Deep Pain

I walk on thinking I’ll find that thing I’m searching for
Hoping that I’ll find it there
As soon as I step out of the dark crowded tunnel I’m walking through
In that bright spot I’m heading to
With that one person I’m looking for.
But dark people get in the way
And demons come to visit and forever stay
Reminding me of the wounds they’ve caused me,
The old scars that will not heal
And the deep pain I can still feel.
.

I walk on thinking that no one will see me shiver
Hoping that the murky shadows will let me through
If only I hold my head up high long enough and mask my trembling smile,
Keep my knees from crumbling under me
And walk that extra mile.
But my voice wants to shake
And my laughter comes out fake
Reminding me, yet again, of my weakness and vulnerability,
Of old scars that will never heal
And the deep pain that I will forever feel.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 12:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm reading your blog from a long time. It is the first time you sound so sad and pessimist. why?

     
  • At 5:32 PM, Blogger Purple Rose of Cairo said…

    I'm not sad or pessimistic. I am confronting old pains and scars ... A friend of mine once told me they never go but we learn how to live with them and I'm learning ... & I'm happy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home