Purple Rose of Cairo

This is a space for free expression and to speak out against hypocrisy; It’s a space where we can speak of daily problems no matter how trivial; It’s a space for confronting our issues and discussing them honestly.

Monday, January 15, 2007

The Void

I search within me for thoughts to express
For words to say
For feelings to display
But there’s a void

I reach out to friends I knew
To loved ones I need
To strangers I meet
But there’s a void

Somewhere I hear a distant voice
I see a shadowy face
I remember a warm embrace
But in an instant they disappear in that void

I’ve lost your love
I’m left with an emptiness …
A nothingness …A hollowness …
That void is where your love used to be

I search within me
I reach out to those around me
I look for anything to hold on to …
But I only want you

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 3:24 PM, Blogger Amira Hassan said…

    حلو جدا الشعر ده...بجد فيه احساس افتقاد جامد اوي...انا عيني دمعت

     
  • At 1:05 AM, Blogger Purple Rose of Cairo said…

    Amira, I wrote this a long time ago but it recently came to mind so I posted it... but I'd like to tell you eventually others come to fill the void :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home