Purple Rose of Cairo

This is a space for free expression and to speak out against hypocrisy; It’s a space where we can speak of daily problems no matter how trivial; It’s a space for confronting our issues and discussing them honestly.

Monday, December 11, 2006

Out Of My Cocoon

I broke out of my cocoon
& enjoyed the freedom of my new grown wings.
I soared and flew to every light I could see.
I discovered that few lights gave me warmth.
Some lights dazzled me but soon dimmed out.
Most lights burnt me.

I longed for the lonely dark safety of my abandoned cocoon…
But then I asked myself
“What of the lights that had warmed me up in my darkest moments?”
They made the flight worthwhile
Even when my wings were singed and blistered
Even when I thought I was blinded.

The warm lights helped me heal.
Again I am free to fly.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I really like this idea Purple. One always falls back on the people who give him support

     

Post a Comment

<< Home