Purple Rose of Cairo

This is a space for free expression and to speak out against hypocrisy; It’s a space where we can speak of daily problems no matter how trivial; It’s a space for confronting our issues and discussing them honestly.

Sunday, June 10, 2007

TRUE LOVE

Did you ever
Run your fingers through a burning flame
To make sure that it would burn you
Run straight into a closed door
To find out how much it would bruise you
Look straight at a naked lamp
Knowing it would blind you
I did it all
And now I’m sure
The blisters will heal.
And now I have found out
The bruises will fade
And now I know
I will nurture the light inside of me
For as long as it takes to deliver the child
Not a stillborn, lifeless child
This will be a perfect child,
A healthy child - not deformed or maimed
The child that I have already named
True Love.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 8:07 PM, Blogger ahmad said…

    I Love This one...
    ...I tried them all as well...and i know by now how much I've gained by hitting the closed door...

    thanks for the poem... a real Talent!

    p.s. why i feel like we both wrote about the same thing? the same time?
    :)

     
  • At 12:37 PM, Blogger klephty said…

    May I quote Oscar Wilde:
    Everyone kills the thing he loves
    By each let this be heard
    The coward does it with a kiss
    The brave man with a sword

     
  • At 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wonderful ghada
    and real courage reveals in declaring our feelings and living them to the full whether they r worthy or not.
    feelings r like truth completely obstinate and any trial to deny them or even ignoring them strengthen them more and more.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home